1. When lighting a candle for the first time, let it burn between 2-3 hours for all the surface wax layer to be melted. This will prevent tunnelling of the candle and allows for an even burn.
2. Always trim your candle wick for a better burn and safety. This produces an event burn, stable flame and prevents sooting and curling of the wick.
3. Use a candle snuffer or try to dip the wick into the wax to stop the flame. Take it out once its off. This is a better method than blowing out the flame.
4. If sooting occurs, extinguish the candle and wait for it to col down before wiping it with a cloth.
5. Make sure the flame isn't flickering as this can mean the flame isn't controlled and may cause some smoke. Always make sure to trim your candle before lighting it.
6. Only use aluminium tea light candles for your melts burners as there may be excessive heat.
7. Store candles in a dark and cool area. Avoid the sunlight or warm places as this can change the colour of the wax and can minimise the scent.
8. Always read the safety and burn instructions for a candle.
9. Never leave a lit candle unattended or lit over 3 hours.